We get it – you’re the only one watching what you’re eating this Christmas – so put yourself in charge of desserts and turn up with this delight!
Technically it’s a dessert but who said you can’t have the leftovers on Boxing Day morning …. Recipe below👇🏼👇🏼
Slim’s Oaty Apple Crumble with Coconut Ice-Cream 🍎 🍦
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 8 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
• 2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups Oats
• ¼ cup Vita Coco coconut oil
• ½ cup honey
• ½ cup pecans finely chopped
For the Ice-Cream
• 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
• 2 tbsp. vanilla extract with seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c
2. Brush a deep casserole dish, or individual smaller dishes with coconut oil
3. In a bowl mix together apples, 1 tsp of cinnamon and vanilla extract. Gently combine using your hands then transfer to your prepared dish.
4. In a separate bowl, combine honey, oats, coconut oil. pecans and remaining cinnamon and spread this evenly on to the apple mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 mins until golden brown and apples are soft.
For the Ice Cream
1. Line a deep baking tray, 14 x 11inches, with baking paper and set aside.
2. Shake cans of coconut milk as if left sitting the contents can separate.
3. Pour coconut milk from the can into the tray and freeze for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Once frozen remove from tray and break into small chunks, add these to your food processor, add vanilla extract and blend until a thick texture is achieved.
5. Serve immediately with the warm apple crumble.
Now get baking, enjoy Christmas and tag us in your creations @slimshealthykitchen